Climate change is an existential threat that affects us all, and it is our responsibility to take action to mitigate its impacts. I recognize this and believe in a comprehensive approach that integrates open space conservation, and affordable housing, with other measures to tackle this critical issue. With my deep understanding of the interplay between these areas and commitment to finding solutions, I am the candidate best equipped to lead the charge in preserving the quality of life in Denver for current and future generations.
- It is urgent that we address climate change to preserve the quality of life in Denver for current and future generations.
- I understand the importance of open space conservation in mitigating the impacts of climate change, such as regulating the urban heat island effect, reducing air pollution, and improving overall air quality.
- I also recognize the importance of affordable housing in reducing the city’s carbon footprint and improving the health and well-being of residents.
- Addressing homelessness is an important part of tackling climate change, as many unhoused individuals are more vulnerable to the negative impacts of extreme weather events and air pollution.
- I propose we consolidate and streamline the permitting process for shelter providers to help expedite the delivery of additional shelter spaces.
- Utilizing a comprehensive approach that integrates open space conservation, affordable housing, and addressing the unhoused is essential for addressing the impacts of climate change in Denver.
- Improving transit operations, through a new regional conversation and modifications and support for RTD can reduce traffic and auto emissions.
- Exploring and implementing a local building “envelope” program can reduce the carbon footprints of existing buildings.
- As we transition to renewable energy sources, we must implement a just and equitable transition for current energy workers.
- The costs of our efforts to fight climate change must not be unfairly imposed on those of lower economic means.
In conclusion, by supporting my candidacy to the City Council, Denver residents have the opportunity to take a decisive step toward mitigating the impacts of climate change. I understand the interconnected nature of the challenges we face and know that a holistic approach is essential for creating real and lasting solutions. My experience in development finance, commitment to addressing the unhoused, and vision for preserving our open spaces, qualify me as the candidate who can bring together all the necessary stakeholders to create a more resilient and sustainable future for Denver. By casting your vote for me, you can help build a better future for ourselves, our children, and generations to come.