I will lead to restore Denver’s quality of life.
I’m running for Denver City Council at-large to put my community, executive and legislative experience to work restoring the quality of life of all our neighborhoods.
As an experienced legislator and public servant, I learned that sometimes small steps lead to success while major challenges demand the big swing to create sweeping change. Denver deserves leaders with integrity who can do both.
Here is what Penfield will champion:
Penfield Tate III is a proven leader with a vision for Denver’s future and a passion for revitalizing our City’s quality of life and neighborhoods. Penfield has always fought for fairness and justice for all – as a state senator, community advocate, and civil rights attorney. His successes can be seen and felt all across Denver, including making it easier to build affordable housing and working alongside communities and law enforcement to reform our criminal justice system. As a long-time Denver resident, husband, and father of a special needs adult, Penfield knows that now is the time we need to elect experienced leaders who will focus on solving our problems that have been made worse by the pandemic. By electing the right people with the skill sets to work together and forge common sense solutions, Denver again will prosper as it has in the past. Penfield’s Livability Denver platform is will focus on:
- More housing to meet the needs of our essential residents: teachers, first responders, and working families who are the backbone of our city.
- Partnerships with regional, state, and federal agencies and non-profits and businesses to solve the plight of the unhoused.
- Reforming and improving our public safety system.
- Protecting our parks and open spaces.
- Public transit options for all neighborhoods.